If your Critical Labs gateway has been setup with an ID and token in Critical Labs, then in most cases, once your gateway is plugged in on your network using a PoE switch, then it will begin reporting on its own.
If your gateway is not reporting, use the following to troubleshoot the problem:
- Check to see that the two lights on the back of the gateway are on and are green.
- If the lights are not on, then check your power cord or verify that the switch you are plugged into is PoE.
- Check power cords or ethernet cables to verify that there are no frays or breaks in the line.
- On the same network as your gateway, try to access the gateway using a web browser (the URL will be the gateway's IP address, port 9001 - example: http://192.168.1.10:9001)
The Gateway is accessible
- If the gateway is accessible, verify that the connection status is "Connected" and that the next expected poll is in the future.
- The most likely problem with an accessible gateway is a firewall issue. The gateway must be able to connect to our outbound endpoints outlined in these firewall settings.
- If the firewall settings are open, and the gateway is still not reporting, contact us directly for more assistance.
The Gateway is not accessible
- If the gateway is not accessible, restart the gateway. Check the gateway again after about 5 minutes.
- If the UI is still not accessible, contact us.