Before installing a Watchdog sensor at a customer site, there are a few things that should be set up. The Watchdog instruction manual can be found here: https://www.geistglobal.com/sites/all/files/site/User_Manuals/Monitor/gm_1137_20170525_final.pdf.
*Note: You will need a device that has an ethernet port to be able to plug directly into the sensor and configure your network settings to be able to reach the sensor's configuration web page.
Use the instruction manual to complete the following actions:
- Change the SNMP community string from the default to make the device more secure
- Configure the sensor to send traps to the Critical Labs gateway:
- Enter the gateway's trap community string (public) under V1/V2c Trap Community
- Under the Trap section, enter the Critical Labs gateway's IP address and trap port (162) and set the version to 2c
- Set a static IP address if necessary
Once these steps have been completed, you can install the sensor at the customer site.